Current Fundraising Goals
South Elevation Preservation
In February 2023, we will undertake the very last elevation restoration. The scope of work includes:
• Reconstruct cedar bBarn door (Kevin already completed this project.)
• Remove all siding, battens, and trim.
• Pull out and replace all casement windows.
• Replace trim, fascias, and soffit.
• Dismantle and rebuild dry stack retaining wall.
• Repair foundation wall crack.
• Replace and repaint siding and battens.
• Add galvanized gutter to match courtyard.
LEAD GRANT FOR END-OF-YEAR 2022
$10,000 Centerbrook Architects & Planners (Centerbrook, CT)
Cecily Young & John Ruble (Santa Monica, CA)
Sinclair Black (Austin, TX)
Hugh Randolph & Birgit Enstrom (Austin, TX)
We are so grateful to the James Hardie Company for their generous contribution of all the surface material for this project!
Endowment Challenge Grant
Lee Burns, who bequeathed his landmark Charles Moore House to the foundation, also made provisions for a Challenge Grant to supplement the endowment he set in place to help with maintenance and preservation costs. If the Charles Moore Foundation raises $100,000 by July 2023, the Burns Estate will contribute an additional $100,000 to the endowment fund.
LEAD GIFT FOR END-OF-YEAR 2022
$5,000 Stephen Harby (Santa Monica)
Maristella Casciato (Los Angeles, CA & Roma, Italia)
Tori Nourafchan & David Rosenstein (Santa Monica Canyon, CA)
Donald Shoup & Pat Shoup (Los Angeles, CA)
Eugene Sepulveda & Steven Tomlinson (Austin, TX)
Susan Jones (Seattle)
Heidi Richardson & Michael Dyett (Mill Valley, CA)