South Elevation Restoration
Starting in 2013, we have been systematically restoring each of the Compound's elevations.
The South Elevation, which stretches across the Main Studio, Cube Loft, and Andersson House is the VERY LAST elevation we need to complete.
Once we are finished, we will have restored the ENTIRE "skin" of the Compound, including a new roof.
This work requires several layers:
- Repair of cracked foundation wall with epoxy.
- Replacement of plywood siding with Hardie panel.
- Replacement of wood trim, fascias, and soffits with Hardie materials.
- Replacement of 10 casement windows.
- Replacement of wood battens.
- Caulking and painting.
- Reconstruction of limestone block wall.
We are so grateful to James Hardie for contributing the panels and boards we need to complete this project. And we are grateful to all the Charles Moore Foundation friends who have already donated to make this work a reality:
SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA & SHANGHAI
John Ruble & Cecily Young
Jane Jarrett & David McCarthy
Elizabeth Danze & John Blood
THE SEA RANCH, CALIFORNIA
Maynard Hale Lyndon & Lu Wendell Lyndon
Lyndon Design Gallery
Peter & Patricia Keim